Monday, August 29, 2011

Keepin' It Simple


I have been thinking about what I want to eat my first week as a vegetarian. I want to keep it simple. I’m a pretty good cook when I take my time but I am also very lazy when it comes to cooking. My work schedule is different everyday so I won’t always be able to go home and cook a big dinner. I’m sure that there will be times that I am eating leftovers or just a salad.
I am not a big fan of breakfast so I am keeping that very simple. I am not what you would consider a morning person. Okay, I’m not a morning person at all. I don’t like being spoken to until I am fully awake. That takes at least half an hour. With that being said I doubt that I will want to stir it up in the kitchen making a tofu scramble.
So here is my menu for this week. It might change once I get to the store. I might buy all this stuff and say “To hell with this I’m frying some chicken”. I doubt the latter will happen. I’m pretty committed now. I’m excited for this challenge. If you plan on joining me let me know. Or if you are already a vegetarian leave me some tips in the comments section.

Breakfast:
               Healthy cereal with soy milk and raisins, apple slices, green tea with lemon slice
Lunch:
               Vegetable soup and cut raw veggies
               Spinach, feta cheese and walnut salad with balsamic vinegar dressing
               Leftovers from dinner
Dinner:
               Zucchini, tomatoes, penne
               Vegetable pizza on flat bread
               Baja Black beans corn and rice (a recipe I found on allrecipes.com)
               Salad, veggie soup and mixed fruit
Snack:
               Mixed nuts
               Fruit smoothie
               Whole wheat crackers

So I am waking up early on Thursday morning to head to the grocery store and make my first vegetarian purchase. Hopefully I don’t get sidetracked by a manager’s meat special.
              

              

No comments:

Post a Comment